Tensegrity Speaker Stand Pair with Universal Adapter Plate
- Q Acoustics Tensegrity Speaker Stands redefine the relationship between the speaker and the stand by using a completely new design
- It is less a speaker stand, more an entirely new loudspeaker support system
- The Tensegrity speaker stands consist of load bearing, low-profile solid stainless steel rods to form an inherently stable tripod structure
- This Stand will fit with some of the world’s best loved audiophile stand-mount speakers; top plate carries 20kg / 44lbs per speaker and the plate size is W/D: 6.3” x 9.4” (160 x 240mm)
What's in the Boxes
- 2 x Speaker stands with Universal Top plates
- 6 x Spikes
- 6 x Rubber Spike Covers
- 6 x Top Plate Screws
- 8 x Speaker Screws
- 1 x Manual
Experience Tensegrity Speaker Stands
Customers Also Viewed
|Overall Dimensions||Dimensions H/W/D: 27.1” x 19.3” x 16.9” (690 x 492 x 430mm)|
|Top Plate Dimensions||W/D: 6.3” x 9.4” (160 x 240mm)|
|Weight||4.1kg / 9lbs (per stand)|
Brochures & Manuals
Experience Tensegrity Speaker Stands (Continued...)
Due to high demands and requests from you wanting to buy the tensegrity speaker stand for your existing speakers, we designed a universal adapter plate. The adapter plate allows the tensegrity speaker stand to be used with other brands’ bookshelf speakers. The top plate carries 20kg / 44lbs per speaker and the plate size is W/D: 6.3” x 9.4” (160 x 240mm).
Tensegrity Stand Design
Ideally, the only vibrations a loudspeaker produces are the ones required to generate its sound. Of course, it’s not possible to entirely get rid of unwanted speaker cabinet vibrations that can interfere with its performance - but, as Q Acoustics has demonstrated with tensegrity speaker stands, it is possible to keep cabinet vibrations to an absolute minimum in order to deliver entirely uncorrupted sound.
And it’s the design of the new Tensegrity speaker stand that allows Q Acoustics to redefine the level of performance that’s possible from a smaller loudspeaker.
Tensegrity is a tripod - by definition, an extremely stable structure. It’s built from lightweight aluminium tubes (which are the load-bearing element) and thin stainless steel cables (which maintain the position of the load-bearing tubes). The result is a light, exceptionally rigid and self-supporting structure with a remarkably low surface area and - let’s not pretend otherwise - beautifully elegant appearance. It’s not so much a speaker stand, it’s more an entirely new loudspeaker support concept.
Unlike most other speaker stands, Tensegrity stand has an extremely low surface area, which reduces re-radiated sound to virtually nil. Below, you can see the comparisons between different type of speaker stands.
If you really want to experience the sound of combining the tensegrity stand and standmount speakers, view the Q Acoustics High-End Concept 300 Speakers’ page.